Indie Game DevFest is the leading independent game developers’ competition in the MENA region. After a successful first year we are back to continue to contribute in enriching the independent game developers’ community by giving opportunities to aspiring game designers, game developers, and artists to showcase their games in the region.
Indie Game DevFest will take place during the 9th World Game Expo in May 10-11, 2017 in the Abu Dhabi National Convention Centre.
INDIE GAME DEVFEST REGISTRATION PROCESS
How to Register
- Registration fee is AED 500 per submitted game
- Individual/Company will receive one (1) complimentary World Game Summit Delegate Badge (valid for both days of the event)
- Top 10 Finalists will receive a complimentary stand to promote and present their submitted game to be judged
- Complete and submit Indie Game DevFest online registration form
- Confirmation receipt with further instruction on game submission.
Indie Game DevFest Eligibility & Condition
- Independent Game Developers worldwide.
- Independent Game Developers fully comply with all eligibility requirements and provisions of these official Rules and Regulations.
- A completely or readily available game that has not been released commercially.
- Any game released through service platform such as Steam, Appstore, Playstore, etc. which release is not more than one (1) year on the onset of the Event (“Indie Game DevFest”).
Game Platforms allowed
- Console (Home & Handheld)
1st April, 2017 23:00 (UTC +04:00 UAE)
- All games submitted will initially be evaluated by the event committee.
- Game Completeness
- General quality and management
- Appropriate content complying to the rules and regulations of the competition
- The event committee will select 10 finalists from the submitted games.
- Games selected as finalist will be further evaluated by a panel of judges to select the winner for each category.
- Best In Show – Trophy & AED 15,000
Winner will be based on the excellence in the overall quality, creativity, and audience engagement of the game.
- Best Audio – Trophy and AED 5000
Winner will be based on the excellence in sound, dialogue & music quality, and execution of the game.
- Best Visual Art – Trophy and AED 5000
Winner will be based on the aesthetic and visual excellence of the game.
- Best Narrative – Trophy and AED 5000
Winner will be based on the excellence in the creativity and delivery of the story.
- Best Game Design – Trophy and AED 5000
Winner will be based on the excellence of the game content, game mechanic, game world construction, and playability.