INDIE GAME DEVFEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants may be an individual or a group, and will be treated as a single entity.
- Participants joining as a group will have to elect a main contact person who will be receiving the registration confirmation and any notification correspondence from the organizers.
- All participants (Individual or Group) will take the ownership of all rights and licenses required in the operation of the entry, including but not limited to:
- All rights to the game source code;
- Rights in any audio material used such as songs, music, or sound effects;
- Licenses for the software and hardware used for the game development and operation;
- Rights to the texts including phrases/script used in the game submitted ;
- Rights to archive footage or third parties’ footage that appear in the game and in other submitted materials ;
- Rights to licenses for third party use or patents information in the game and in other submitted materials; OR
- Any other copyrights that may prevent the implementation or the commercial or non-commercial execution, play or airing of the game or other submitted materials’.
- The Entry to Indie Game DevFest consists entirely of Participants’ own original work or of work to which Participants’ have all necessary rights; and
- Neither the Entry nor the duplication, display, performance, use or distribution of the Entry will infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or any other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Patent Protection:
No parts or materials from the submitted game will be distributed, marketed, or disclosed to the public prior to Indie Game DevFest.
- Fair Use:
Finalist allows the organizers the rights to use and distribute the selected game disclosure material, which includes game title, description, thumbnail, etc.; for marketing purposes on any media platform including digital marketing through event website, social media sites, e-flyers, press releases; and printed marketing through flyers, posters, banners, printed press releases, and the event catalogue.
Finalist will have to cover their own flights and accommodation during Indie Game DevFest. If required, they must acquire their own visa as well.
- Finalist Responsibilities:
Finalist will be treated as an exhibitor during Indie Game DevFest, thus requires the following:
- Presence in the booth is required throughout the duration of the Event;
- B2B meetings may be conducted with the trade visitors and/or other exhibitors, including publishers, distributors, investors, funders;
- Event Gala Dinner Invitation on the evening of the first day of Indie Game DevFest.
- Mandatory Requirements for Finalist:
Indie Game DevFest to be mentioned in any marketing collaterals and/or promotion for the game selected, may it be online and/or printed, prior to the event and One (1) year after the conclusion of Indie Game DevFest. Upon publication of the Winning Entry(ies) to any Publisher(s), finalist will have to include Indie Game DevFest in their list of acknowledgements and/or game description for downloadable games.
The Organizer will not be liable for any damages or loss of their hardware due to non-compliance of the competition’s rules and regulations.
In the event of technical difficulty/error occurs during Indie Game DevFest that forbids the operation of the game showcased, including infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition, in such event, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend/postpone the Competition in its sole and absolute discretion.